Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

bosch dishwasher mod # XXXXX h x 4 6 a 0 5 u c / 4 3 . cust compl.

bosch dishwasher mod # XXXXX h x 4 6 a 0 5 u c / 4 3 . cust compl. that they left town for 3 days and came back to water on the floor .water valve right? the only problem that i have is that when im looking at the machine, i cant get the drain pump to stop and the controls do not respond. i tried turning it off, unplugging it. nothing changes. help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Was the drain pump running continuously.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes ,i couldnt get it to stop

Ok great..This means the float system was put into action..It is a safety feature...There is a float switch which is mounted on the left side of the unit..Remove the front bottom panel..Take a flashlight shine it into the bottom pan underneath the bottom of the dishwasher..Look for water in that area..If there is any water..First dry up the water completely..You will notice at the left side a red plastic arm..That arm activates the float switch #0428 It is attached to a styro foam float which sits in the bottom of the pan...Once water is detected ..The float activates the arm which activates the switch..Which turns the pump on ..Most often the problem is with the float assembly..Leaking water...If the water was not pouring out of the unit..Then all you will need to do is dry up all the water..Move the float arm..This should restore the unit to its normal function.

graphic
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok ,so im correct with the water valve and i probably just have water in the tray that has set off a float switchand i just need to reset it . right ?

Correct..If you were to pull the unit out..You will see that the float switch housing has a chamber in which the hose is connected to..Sometime the water will over flow at that point..If it happens frequently..Then you will need to change the switch ...But like i said first dry everything up..Then see what happens..If the pump was running then it was doing its job...If there is a bad hose etc. ..You will see water again obviously. Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im sorry but you lost me . 1 water valve needs replaced.2 im not sure if i need to take that switch apart or just move the arm . are you saying that when the water backed up that it could have screwed up the switch.

No What happens is the water over flows at the housing #0428 on the left side of the washer....First remove all the water in the bottom pan completely..You can use a rag..Or a vacuum..Once the water is removed..Carefully reach in and move the arm up and down a few times...Then check to see if the unit will restart..Like i said..The water first needs to be removed..Sometimes meaning leaving the unit sit over night..If there is water in the bottom ..This means the float is always going to be activating the float switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

youv`e been real patient with me , thanks. so just to be clear .by moving that arm and getting anywater in the bottom out , the pump will shut off and the controls will operate

Not a Problem Mike..Yes That is Correct..First make sure you remove all the water..THen move the arm up and down a few times..You can do all of this from the front.You will see once moving the arm in the downward position the pump will shut off..If there is any water in the bottom..The float will obviously move the arm up ward once you let go of the arm...Give it a try and post back to me if you have any other problems..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

many thanks for the help