Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a modelJES2 0051 microwave that has been in storage

I have a modelJES2 0051 microwave that has been in storage for 5 months. I have now taken it out. The turntable does not work. Can I use with the turntable not working?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. using the microwave without the turntable is fine, A lot of microwaves come with a key on the touch pad to turn the turntable off. check and make sure yours doesn't have that button and if so try turning it back on. if you don't have the button you can still use the microwave without it running. the turntable is mostly for cooking evenly turning the food so the microwaves hit all of it and not just one spot. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan