Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, Whirlpool washer came up with an F-28. I was advised

Whirlpool washer came up with an F-28. I was advised by another tech to replace Control Numbered W10246289. Now during normal load i'm not getting high speed spin on last portion of load. Clothes have to be put into drain /spin to come out damp vs soaking. Any ideas?

Model WFW8300SW00
Serial HLT1909615
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
is this draining correctly ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Was it the CCU you replaced ?Main Control Board W10246289       Main Product View
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CCU replaced yes. I had tried putting into diagnostic and automatically triggered additional error. Was advised to replace CCU

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
So this error cam up in the diagnostic mode ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, during the first test I did on unit when in the drain/spin mode it came up.

I tried putting in diagnostic mode and another error came up where it said to replace CCU. I cannot remember the number.

Im going back out to the unit this afternoon and can retry the diag mode.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay let me know when your back out there. I'll watch for your reply. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im at the unit. Are you still available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im back at the unit. The error code was an F01. I pulled up errors after new board and none are displayed. Complaint was that in normal mode at end of cycle clothes still wet.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'm here sorry. I stepped out for a few minutes. I need a few minutes to pull the tech manuals back up. we had a power outage and I lost them, be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'm back, the F01 does refer to CCU replacement. the one thing I would check now is the drain pump trap. have you done that yet ?

A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU)

and the EEPROM on board the CCU occurred.

Possible Causes/Procedure

A power glitch may cause this error.

- Unplug washer or disconnect power for two minutes.

- Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any

cycle.

PUMP DRIVE ERROR

The pump driver fails to activate.

Possible Causes/Procedure

Replace CCU board.

MAIN RELAYS ERROR

One of the main relays is not working properly.

Possible Causes/Procedure

The relay might be soldered or always open.

- Replace CCU board.

it mentions drain pump above in the tech sheet. I'm wondering if this isn't draining correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The unit is in a basement. I will check drain pump and get back to you. Whats weird is I tested it in normal cycle. It filled then shut off after two minutes of sitting still. Put it into diag mode and it flashes f28

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yeah F28 is kinda the same error.

SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR

The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and

the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Possible Causes/Procedure

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and

Central Control Unit (CCU).

- Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.

- Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.

3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.

4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any

cycle.

6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.

7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.

8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted

upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing

the MCU connectors.

there could be a problem with the drive motor , its hard to say. but if there is water thats not draining (below the tub) this can put a drag on the motor and thus not spin correctly to wring out the clothes. do you know how to check the pump trap ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did clear out some gunk from the drain pump trap and told them to call me if problem still occurs. I thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome, let me know if you have any further issues. thanks . Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.