Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer has the door locked and I am unable to unlock it

My washer has the door locked and I am unable to unlock it or run the washing machine. I have tried to unlock it by pushing the pause/cancel button twice and also by pushing the Control/unlocked button. I have unplugged the washer and still can not unlock the door or run the washer at all. Thanks for your help. Mary Barrett
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. good afternoon, this is a pain . most likely this didn't unlock because all the water wasn't emptied out , it may seem empty but below the tub where you can see there is still water. the way you open these is to remove the panel under the door number 7 on this diagram. there are two screws way down near the floor you remove to get the panel off. the screws are number 6. once thats off you have to reach up where the door lock is and pull the small ring at the bottom of the lock. Door or Lid Latch Assembly W10253483       Main Product View once you get this open you will also need to remove the pump trap and clean it so this drains correctly. you will see the pump once the panel is off. this should take care of the issue once you have that cleaned out the machine will reset and you will be able to use it again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We followed your directions, but it locked back up after we tried to use the machine again. So I now have it unplugged as it makes a sound like the motor is trying to work the machine and I am afraid I will burn out the motor. The washing machine is only about 6 months old. Thank you for trying to help.

Okay this is only 6 months old ? Have you checked to see if this is still under warranty ? you may not want to do to much to this you may void the warranty.