Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

How do I get to the heating element and other components on

a Whirlpool Cabrio model WED7300XW0... Show More
a Whirlpool Cabrio model WED7300XW0 dryer. I know the element is under the drum and can not be accessed from the back. Can you advise how to remove the from panel and door assembly.

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..First unplug the unit..Take a putty knife..Insert it between the top of the dryer and the cabinet itself..Pressing in on Tabs #43...Complete this on both sides of the front panel..Carefully lift up on the complete top of the dryer (it will hinge back)..This will give you access to the interior front panel screws #2..Remove the screws carefully hinge the front panel towards you..Being very careful not to damage the interior light housing..This will give you complete access to the heating element..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater before leaving today..Bonuses are greatly appreciate but not mandatory..I will be standing by if you have any problem removing the lower panel..Thank you Bob

graphicgraphic

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Does the front panel just lift up to disconnect from the frame or do I remove anything more.

Yes if you notice on the diagram..There are clips at the bottom At about 3 inches from the bottom up..Carefully lift up and off..
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Your instructions was a good start, but it was more involved. This is what I ended up doing. 1)I removed the front door assembly as you described. 2) I then removed the door wiring harness. 3) I then removed the lint duct assembly. 4) I then removed the bulkhead assembly and wiring harness. 5) I then removed the back panel. 6) From the back of the dryer I removed the tub belt from the motor pulley. 7) I removed the dryer tub and belt. I could then get to the heating element, thermal cut-off, thermister HC stat and thermal fuse. 8) I could then see what the problem was. the blower pulley striped out and caused the belt to come off. this also caused a large build up of lint that caused the element to catch fire and short out. The thermal cut-off was also bad due to the heat. I used a shop vacuum to clean the excess lint from the dryer, replaced the blower pulley and belt, the heating element and thermal cut-off. 9) I assembled the dryer and it works fine now.

Great Thomas..Yes there is a bit more to the repair of this nature..Unfortunately we cannot go into a step by step procedure ..Glad you are back up and running..Thanks Bob