Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my question is about dryer vents, my laundry room is in the

my question is about dryer vents, my laundry room is in the middle of the house and the dryer vent goes to the roof. there is no other walls to vent from and there is alot of moisture in the room when you use the dryer, it is a very small room just big enough to have the washer and the dryer in there and be able to move around. the house is built on a slab. is there a way to control the moisture with a different venting system?? or with out putting in a big old de humidfier??
So there are a few options. You can use a vented door which will have slots in it to allow the moisture to escape the room. Using an indoor vent box like you tried will definitely only make the humidity worse. Another option is to clean out the vent system that goes to the roof. These systems only take a year to start clogging up and restricting airflow which causes back pressure and moisture to escape the dryer vent system. Remove the vent hose on the back of the dryer and make sure you have a silver acordian style vent hose and tape the connection to the back of the dryer as well as to the house connection with heating duct tape (silver metal aluminum looking tape). This will prevent excess moisture from leaking out the connections.

Those are about the only options there are to reduce the humidity aside from getting a dehumidifier.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.