MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a Frigidare Gallery French Door ref. Ive had several

I have a Frigidare Gallery French Door ref. I've had several problems with the top ice maker (this seems to be a common problem). My question is, can I replace the upper ice maker (bullet style) with the new flex tray? I've been to various stores, and the new frigidare, Electrolux, and Kenmore French door series all use the new flex tray components in the same enclosure as my existing model.
If so, do you have a part number and place to purchase the flex tray replacement?

No, there is no way to change the style of the icemaker. I have fixed many of these and if ALL of the fixes were applied that Frigidaire has come out with then there will be no problem with this working. The last fix involves applying silicone grease in all the wire harness fittings in that compartment to avoid intermittent connections which result in no ice or melting ice. If you complain to Frigidaire then they will probably concession the work, especially if the repairs were made in wty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will try the silicone.
Under warranty they:
Updated firmware
New weather stripping
Replaced control board

What's frustrating is I can, in service mode, cycle the harvester, dispense water, turn heater, etc. -all works, but it won't make ice.
ok. I would still call Frigidaire and let them get it working- that was an expensive fridge.