Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Hi I have a Moffat washing machine PS PG1 OEM MOFFAt which

Hi I have a Moffat washing machine PS PG1 OEM MOFFAt which came with the condo I purchased in 2007. It sits on the bottom of a stacking washer drying. A few weeks ago the washer vibrated so much that the dryer fell off the top fo the washer and got wedged between the door and the washer. I found a piece of the washer inside after this happened it is a metal cirular coil about the same circumference as the door. It is a little bit springy. I didn't know where it goes. I ran the washer and water did leak out the bottom.
Do you know what the metal coil is for and where it goes? Do you think leaking water is related? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you!

is this part just a single circular wire with a small spring on it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it's a coil that has a bit of spring to it

ok it sounds as if it is a band that holds the rubber boot to the inner tube .

the sleeve that you put the clothes thru to put them in the tub is it loose from the inner basket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the sleeve is the the plastic rim just inside the washer then yes it is loose from the inner baset

yes that is it the coil goes on the outside of the plastic ring to hold it to the inner basket .

it`s easier to see what you are doing if you remove the top panel .

If you do not have a dryer on top that is !

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, does it go on the outside of the white hard plastic ring that is attached to the inner basket or

on the outside ot the soft grey plastic rim beside the hard white plastic rim?

Also is that why the water was leaking?Becasue the sleeve isn't attached to the rim? Is there a diagram anywhere on-line where I could see exactly where to put the coil??? thanks

it goes on the soft inner boot .

and yes that is why it is leaking .

No diagram that I have ever seen !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oy I can't seem to figure out where exactly on this soft inner boot it goes.Does it go right underneath the inside rim or there is also a narrow groove along the inside of the rim? Is it possible to explain exactlywhere it goes?Sorry...

the inner boot goes over the top of the lip on the front of the outer tub then the coil goes over the top of that lip with the rubber boot under the coil .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I have tried and I'm not sure about my solution so I am going to call a repair man . I wrote down your instructions and at least I know that the solution is reasonably simple and not too expensive. I thank you for your time.

No problem Sandra .

Glad to assist you .Thank you in advance .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.