Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A 5-year-old Spectra stove that yesterday stopped heating -

A 5-year-old Spectra stove that yesterday stopped heating - oven, broiler and stove top units. Noticed the clock was not set properly, too. Suspect a power surge?
Is there a reset? Or might something else have gone wrong? (Circuit breaker was not tripped.)

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Do you have a volt meter ? if not can you pull the range out and unplug it,the remove the panel covering the cord terminal block. Terminal Block - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX its sounds like one of the outside wires from the cord has burned off. can you check that ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back. I wasn't at home when I sent the first question.
I took off the back panel (since I have no volt meter). All of the wiring seems fine - no black or burn indications.

I have also discovered that my hot water heater (electric) has stopped, too. Other appliances are working as normal.

Again, no breaker tripped.

To clarify onthe stove - power is being received to it; the clock works and burner lights come on. Just no warming occurring.

okay if the water heater is also not working this is a power issue. on a range the clock will still light up and you can set it but if your not getting 220 volt (110 on each side) then the oven wont work. you need 220 volts. you have to have your electrical checked unfortunately. hope this helps though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan