Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

how do you replace a door rubber on a oven door f & p

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Is your rubber gasket on the frame or on the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no the rubber goes arounr the oven , & the door closes against it

Ok let me get you a video to show you how to do it
Watch this video this is how you would do it.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi their is no holes in the corner for the seal to go into, & it is not an f& p cooker

The rubber gasket should just pull out it should just have clips. Can you pull on the gasket and see any clips
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

their is no rubber clips , doo you have any idea about fisher & payket, this is new zealand not the usa,

Can you upload a picture of the gasket. The Fisher Paykel units are the same no matter if it is a New Zealand one or USA for this purpose.
Does your oven gasket look like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes that is the same.

That gasket is typically just pressed in. If you fold it back do you see any screws at all or does it just go into a slot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi yes i have got it thank, robbie

Yes that sounds good. Sorry for the confusion. There are a lot of style gaskets on the Fisher Paykel units.

All I ask is that you rate my assistance..thanks!!
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.