Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hi I am in need of buying the following+ Themorador Cooktop

Hi
I am in need of buying the following+
Themorador Cooktop Island Trim for
my model- GPS484GGS the number
for the Island Trim should be-
GPS48ITS ( the part # XXXXX also be
368396. I have tried the various internet
sites, but it I seem to find this item.
I hope that you can help me.
Thanks
Joyce

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Thermador service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

The parts have been discontinued for this model machine. Including the Island Trim Kit you are trying to find. The best option for you is to try to find it locally.

Jon :

There is one place that will help you do this and may even have it in stock. I would give them a shot first and let them check the availability for you.

Jon :

Here is the info for the company. just click on the link below and I would call them for more information.

Jon :

I dont believe the $518 is the correct part. As you can see they are calling this a control panel. At least that is what it is categorized as. And since the control panels are way more money then the trim kits that is the price they came up with. And quite frankly, since this is a discontinued part, they can price it at any amount they feel necessary. I know it is not fair but it is a take or leave it kind of thing. I would call their contact number and ask them for the price and availability of the trim kit using the part number you list above. Which is correct.

Jon :

Again this will be your best bet since this part has been discontinued. And I will call all my contacts and parts warehouses for you that deal with discontinued parts in the morning to check their stock as well. I will get back to you here if I find the trim kit available for you. Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now since this will take alot of effort on my part to check this info for you. I would like to be compensated by the website for my time and the only way that can happen is with your positive rating.

Jon :

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more.

Jon :

Thanks.

Customer:

Hi Jon

Customer:

Thanks for your help, the $518 was for an entire Electric Stove, not the Island Trim kit Part# XXXXX

Customer:

I do hope that maybe somewhere someone has one on a dusty shelf. Thanks for your

Customer:

help on this matter. Joyce

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Jon

The foks at Superior that you recc. did not have the Island Trim part that I need.

I will be more than happy to give you an added bonus, if you can help me find

this item, please. Thanks so much.

Joyce

Hey Joyce,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

I have a few calls into my parts warehouses that deal with discontinued appliance parts. They are checking their stock and will get back to me hopefully shortly. I will get back to you when I have some updated info. And hopefully with some luck someone will have it.

Talk to you soon.

Thanks again.