Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 832-A. wont start. when

whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 832-A. wont start. when i try and start a cycle wash light flashes three times then two time with a triple beep between flashes. i opened the drain port and cleaned out the filter of change
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this 3 flash 2 flash is an error code, and for your model number this error is an indication of a water temperature sensor (NTC) error, or Heating Circuit failure. Check the Water Temperature Sensor and check connections to the Water Temperature Sensor.

To access, you will have to UNPLUG your washer and remove all the screws going into the back panel of your washer. The back panel will need to be removed to access the sensor. The sensor (NTC) is located at the base of the wash tub in the back on the heating element. This will be a small square shaped plug between the heating element terminals. Below is a diagram that shows the temperature sensor. Part 23 is the sensor.

Make sure this plug is secure and not loose or unplugged. It is common for the connector plug to come loose due to vibration. If the plug is intact, check the contacts for corrosion. If everything appears as it should, then unplug the wire harness and take a resistance check. Readings will be as follows:

Temperature Meter Reading
32°F (0°C) 35.9 K ohms
86°F (30°C) 9.7 K ohms
104°F (40°C) 6.6 K ohms
122°F (50°C) 4.6 K ohms
140°F (60°C) 3.2 K ohms
158°F (70°C) 2.3 K ohms
203°F (95°C) 1 K ohms

Roughly...around 10K ohms at room temperature if I'm reading the chart correctly. Take readings as listed and also double check the connector to make sure it is not oxidized. Try cleaning the plug and reconnecting to see if the error code goes away. If not, you will probably have to replace the sensor. If the sensor checks good, take a reading across the heating element terminals. It should indicate about 15 ohms.

Lastly, remove the washer top panel by removing the three screws holding the panel in place in the rear. Once the screws are removed, slide the panel back then off. Locate the Central Control Unit (CCU) directly behind the wash tub. Take a resistance check at the Heating Element Solenoid by removing connector 9 from the CCU (this is the second connector from the RIGHT as facing from the front). A reading across test points 1 & 2 should also read 15 ohms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Worked like a was a loose NTC sensor! Best $23 spent...would have cost $90 just for the service call....thanks appliance doc! [email protected]

Awesome, I'm glad you got it all working again. If you need anything else, just let me know. Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.