Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Refrigerator mod. PSG22S1REFSS. How is the water flow to

GE Refrigerator mod. PSG22S1REFSS. How is the water flow to icemaker and drink dispenser controlled.When I turn on water supply it just flows from icemaker tube and door dispenser.I have freed up rusted electromagnet that controls the flap into the freezer to no avail.
please? Ross.
Good morning, the water is controled by an electronic water valve . Water Inlet Valve WR57X10065 Alternate Product ViewWater Inlet Valve WR57X10065 Alternate Product View its very unusual for both to be stuck though. is the water comming out of both as soon as you turn it on ? its a dual valve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply. I am only recieving a small pic of the valve, but it's identifiable. Yes !! water is coming from both sides of the valve.To put you better in the picture (1) the fridge has never had the water connected til now (2) the fridge has been used but has been in storage for 3yrs thus the electromagnet being seized on the door flap.I have cleaned that & it's now working. I suspect that I am looking at a similar situation.Could you advise on the location of the valve so I can remove/replace it please?

Kind regards

Ross.

Good morning, okay the valve is located in the back of the refrigerator where the water from the house connects, thats the valve. I would recomend replacing it. heres a link to the part, these get gummed up inside and stick open. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WR57X10065/0046/363&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=WR57X10065
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan, it's me that should apologise.Mate I was only reading your last reply on my I phone and I have accidently touched the "poor service" caption. I only got a chance to remove the valve late yesterday and I haven't even ordered it yet.I have been very happy with your advice and your prompt returns. It's not the first time I have stuffed up on the I phone as the buttons are so sensitive + I'm over 60 !!!!!!!!. If I can do the rating again I will fix it.

Ross
Okay Ross, let me know when you get the valve changed. hopefully everything will be all set. thanks and you should be able to rate me 3 or above now, if not let me know, thanks again and best wishes, Bryan