Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

lg dishwasher mod # XXXXX d s 4 8 2 1 b b . cust compl is that

lg dishwasher mod # XXXXX d s 4 8 2 1 b b . cust compl is that not draining and giving oe code. water is standing in the tub. would it damage anything by running compressed air up the drain line first to dislodge anything or am i going the wrong way here. i am not at the machine now. i saw something online about the temp sensor working loose and blocking a microswitch , like to get your thoughts on that as well. possible or not likely

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized LG service tech and I can help you today

Jon :

The oe error is for a miscommunication between the drain motor and main control board. It can mean several things though for your model machine. In most cases it is for a kinked or blocked drain hose. And for the machine not draining out like in your case.

Jon :

First thing I would do is check for a kinked or blocked drain hose. If the hose is kinked or blocked it will gove you the no drain and eo error code.

Jon :

Hello There, how are you?

Customer:

doing ok . so would hitting it with air first would be ok ? might even get lucky?

Jon :

No I would refrain from hitting it with air back into the machine. There is a check valve on the drain line just before the pump. If you blow compressed air back into the machine you will damage the check valve and water will run back intot he machine constantly.

Jon :

I would check the drain hose then pull the machine out and remove the lowrr access panel and remove the drain hoses and drain pump to check there. Also check for any loose wires to the drain pump. Now obviously if there is still water left int he machine you will have to bail it out first before removing the hoses.

Jon :

a wet dry vac works best and easiest to get all the water out quickly.

Jon :

if there are no loose wires to the drain motor and no hoses are kinked or blocked with any debris after checking then you will have to ohm out the drain motor. It should be within 20-40 ohms. If it is not with in range then replace the drain motor.

Customer:

can it be blocked from the top side or is this likely a pump issue

Jon :

That is how I would go about checking this error and no drain. I know it may seems thorough but that is what you have to do to check this properly.

Jon :

what do you mean blocked from the topside?

Jon :

I would check the drain hoses and drain motor and you will know for sure what the problem is.

Customer:

inside the machine,say as if food blocked the hole or is that not likely.

Jon :

does the machine wash well? and does the sump motor send water to the wash arms? if it does then it is not likely that food is stuck int he pump causing the no drain.

Jon :

when you get to the customers house check this first.

Jon :

put four glasses in the top rack in either corner of the rack. And stand them upright so they can catch and fill up with water.

Jon :

put the cups in the rack and set the dish for a normal cycle and let it start to fill as normal. Then let it wash for about a minute. then open the door and check to see how full the glasses are.

Jon :

if they are full at least half way or more the sump is not the problem. if it is not full at least half way then yes, i would also check the sump for any clogs.

Jon :

I believe your main concerns is going to be the no drain issue. and you will have t check the drain motor and hoses.

Jon :

If you run into any troubles please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more.

Customer:

you the man . i think i have the bullets in my gun now . i appreciate the help

Jon :

If you need parts please come back to me here as well and I will get you that info.

Jon :

you are the man! and you are very welcome. I am here for you if you need me again.

Customer:

thanks again

Jon :

Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after rating me please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

you got it.

Thanks again Mike.

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns with this machine and I will help you more for no additional charge.

And if you need parts info I can get that for you as well.

Thanks again.