Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

maytag gemini, had for almost 10 years, randomly we get the

maytag gemini, had for almost 10 years, randomly we get the f9-5 and can unplug and it'll be fine for months, but now it will continually display even after we clear the panel, my self clean option won't work on bottom oven either, I know its the lever, but now its displaying a f1-6 code as well?should I just replace the whole panel?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the F9-5 is a lower door lock/latch error, first Check for obstruction in door lock mechanism, if you don't find any obstruction replace the door latch. Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly 74005495 Main Product Viewthere is a short in the micro switch from what your saying. heres a link to order the part. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what about the f1-6 code?

Sorry I missed that. the keypad has a key that is sticking. try using a hair dryer on low heat and go back and forth across the keys while massaging with your fingers to un stick the key. if that doesn't work the then unfortunately the control will need to be replaced. the touch pad / keypad is part of the whole clock/control. Oven Control Board 5701M403-60     Main Product View the part number is XXXXXthat i would search the net for the best price. its expensive so hopefully the hair dryer will work.

F1:-6 Keypad Cancel LowerCheck keypad, replace if necessary