Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I had a load of cloths in the front loading washer when I remembered

I had a load of cloths in the front loading washer when I remembered my keys were in my jeans . Had to dig the cloths out half way through the wash cycle . now the cycle will not start again only beeps when the start button is pushed
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today do you know if the door locks when you try and start a cycle ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it does not sound like the door is locking

okay, the machine will not start if the door does not lock. when you had to open this in the middle of the cycle you didn't force it open did you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i paused the cycle and waited till the door unlocked and then opened the door

okay good. how about when you replaced the door. was it not closing correctly and was hard to shut ? I believe you door lock is damaged. open the door and look at the top of the door lock assembly above where the door latch goes through. there should be a small post sticking out that the door hits when it closes, is it there ? "sometimes these break off" graphicthis picture is sideways, it will be at the top on the machine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it about 4 or 5 inches above the latch and yes it does look like it is broken

okay great ! at least we know whats wrong. you need to replace the lock/latch assembly. heres a link to the part Door Lock WH10X10006      Main Product View I usually remove the top of the machine and reach down in to replace this. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan