Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Duet, front load washer intermittently leaks water from

My Duet, front load washer intermittently leaks water from the rubber piece located at 10 o'clock position of the door opening. This occurs sometimes after a load has completed its cycle and the washer is sitting empty. When we get ready to use the washer again, there may be as much as a gallon of water sitting in to bottom of the washer basket. I do not see a visible water leak after the cycle has finished but this area is always wet. We have started to turn the water valves off to prevent this from occurring. Do you have any thoughts on what part needs service/replacement? thank you

Model: GHW9150PW4
Serial #: CST3201466
Type: 199 - 082WT/GY

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

it sounds like you may have two different issues on this unit. one the boot seal has a hole in it and needs to be replaced. Door Boot Seal(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View and two you need to replace the water inlet valve. Water Inlet Valve(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product Viewheres a link to that part, theres a video there also. there are videos on how to replace the boot. heres the video. click this blue link. ,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank u for your answer. Can you clarify why you think the boot needs replacement?

Hi, well you stated that the rubber piece leaks at about the 10 O'Clock position that rubber piece is the door boot. unless you meant the water leaks into the washer itself and not outside . is that what you meant ? if so all you need is the valve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The water just leaks into the washer basket only. Sorry I was not more clear with my original statement. I appreciate your help today. Thank you very much!

your very welcome ! have a great night and thanks, Bryan