Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello I have a Bravos X made by Maytag. I am having trouble

Hello I have a Bravos X made by Maytag. I am having trouble with it washing. It will sense the clothes then all the lights will turn off and the red light comes on. It will not wash the clothes. It also makes a humming noise once it turns off. What can the problem be?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is the humming noise comming from the top of the machine in the front where the door lock is or does it sound like its comming from the bottom inside ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's coming from the bottom inside. Kinda sounds like it's coming from the back also.

okay its your drain pump. when these start the drain pump comes on and makes sure theres no water in the machine before starting a new cycle. if the drain pump is bad or clogged then the machine will stop . Drain Pump W10276397 Alternate Product View, click this blue link and theres a video on how to remove it for replacement. check to make sure nothing is obstructing the drain pump and if not replace the pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It wasn't that part that was messed up we removed it and brought it in. We unplugged it then replugged it and now it's working fine! Thanks for ur tiime!

wow thats good, Glad to hear its working. have a great day, Bryan