Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

Have an Electrolux EW26SS65GBO refrigerator.. About 17 months

Have an Electrolux EW26SS65GBO refrigerator.. About 17 months after bought the Touch Control Panel started reading 32 for both the Freezer and Refrig sides and the Icemaker and Water quit working along with the Refrig lights.
The Refrig and Freezer continued to work though. Out of warranty so just continued to use. Yesterday the Refrig started to get warm but Freezer ok. Took everything out along with shelves and found the coil behind freezer "lower inside panel removed" was solid frost and ice and was blocking the refrig feed completely . Defrosted entire unit and the frig cooling but he Touch Control panel still reads 32 /32 and not ice maker /water. Any suggestions?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Are you able to change the temperature at all of the fridge and freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no- the panel seems struck on 32 degrees for each side

Okay and just to make sure, no lights also correct? Do you hear the fan running in the freezer running? I know you have no ice or water but does the ice dispenser sound like it running if you use it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fan runs fine and lights on freezer side - does not sound like dispenser is running or trying to

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

freezer section works fine - zero or so- fancy elaborate touch panel on front of freezer door lights up and seems to repond to basic touches- just will not register the correct temps for each side

Okay, you need to replace the main board for the fridge. It is located on the front bottom of you fridge below a metal cover. You will have to remove the front grill to gain access. This is what controls all the functions. It also controls the defrost function which is why the coils were frozen up. I know you defrosted the coils but you fridge will start getting warm again as the coils start to freeze up again. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the board is #50 on the diagram. Just copy and paste the link to your browser. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Electrolux-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-EW26SS65GB0/1412/0165000/R1201032/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pretty much plug and go with the board? reasonably tech inclined

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

spent $130 for correct replacement main board- installed correctly and no change - now it appears from what I have read online that it is the Display that should be the first concern and replacement rather than the Main Board which obviously is not the problem

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

I am a new expert, and would like to try to help out. Has the temps changed on the display at this point? Is it making ice? Is the fridge keeping things cold? Please bare with me on asking some questions. When troubleshooting over the net, I will need to use your eyes, ears, ect for help in trying to discover the problem....Thanks