Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

GBD307prb01 new touch key installed,now no display

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name is Dave. The first thing to check is to be sure there is 120 vac on the Black wire and White wires at P24-1 and P24-3 on the control. If not the thermal fuse is blown. Next check for 120 vac on the input to the control transformer at P16-5 and P16-7 on the two red wires. Then check for 24 vac on the two blue wires that come from the control transformer at P16-2 and P16-3. If there is no voltage the transformer has failed. Without the 24 vac there will be no display. Let me know what you find.

Customer:

Thanks Dave. I've checked the voltages and there is 120 vac present at P24-3/P24-1 and P16-5/P16-7. 24 vac at P16.2/16.3.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, sorry, I stepped out for a while. Those are all the correct voltages needed to power the control and get a display.. You say you replaced the control?

Customer:

Yes, the control board is brand new.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Since the old control had a display, I would put it back in to see if the new control is the problem but first if you haven't turned off the power for a few minutes try that to see if it resets.

Customer:

OK, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Appliance Tech Dave :

Sure, let me know.

Customer:

Old control seems to work fine. Maybe problems were with teh touch pad/ribbon all along. I'll send the new control back as not working.

Customer:

thanks-

Customer:

Chris

Chris, I'm glad all is working. Hopefully they will give you your money back for the bad control.

Dave