Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our gas oven will not light but gas is still being pumped out.

Our gas oven will not light but gas is still being pumped out. What could be wrong and how could we fix it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your oven igniter below the floor inside your oven is just starting to fail and needs to be ordered and replaced. Oven igniters last about 6-8 years under normal use before they tend to start failing. They need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they won't open the gas valve correctly and it will either crack the valve open, or open and shut the valve several times when it should just be holding open. It doesn't matter if the igniter is glowing or not; just because it glows doesn't mean the igniter is drawing enough power to open the safety valve. The igniter is only about a $50 part and you can replace it yourself if you want to remove the racks inside the oven and then remove the floor to access it. Otherwise it will cost about $150-175 to call someone and replace it for you. Below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order for your model.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.