Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

hi - I have a whirlpool self cleaning oven with accubake system.

hi - I have a whirlpool self cleaning oven with accubake system. the oven all of a sudden went into self cleaning mode. We have turned off the circuit breaker to stop the cooking of the food inside. we can't clear the e-2 f3 error code and unlock the door. pls help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
THis is a failed oven sensor, it thinks that the oven is to hot and locked the door. HOw long have you had the unit unplugged for?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about 10 minutes I was worried about waiting until the self cleaning temperature stopped so we turned off the circuit breaker as food is inside.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Wait about an hour with the power off, then turn it back on, hopefully you can get it to open then, can I get the model number on the unit, it should be located in the drawer area of the stove..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok - do I stay online? We want to go out to get some dinner (chicken is stuck in oven!) so it might be about 1 1/2 hours. Do I just stay on this thread until we return?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I may or may not be here for the evening, it is 11:30 pm here in Pennsylvania, I will be here about another 30 minutes..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok - no problem. Can I ask another expert? I put in my charge card so I'm assuming I can get some help from another expert? Or perhaps it will all work out. Thank you for your help!

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If I am not here you can ask for another expert if necessary, either way you will need to replace the sensor in the oven, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct parts

Click here

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

again the model number will be found on the frame of the range when you open the drawer..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech