Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a whirlpool washer with auto load sensing how do I clean

I have a whirlpool washer with auto load sensing how do I clean the detector.
The machine starts up in what acts like rinse mode with no water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley fact click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a whirlpool washer with an autoload sensor and triple spray.

When you start the washer it automatically starts agitating without filling. I have ran a load of clothes with distilled vinegar added to clean the load sensor. It worked for a few weeks and then started all over again. I believe the number is XXXXX

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The model number will be in the door opening area, it will normally have 3 letters in the beginning..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only number there is W10140920

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay is this a top loader or front loader?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Top Loader

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

It should begin with 110.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW57ESVW1

CY3140273

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You need to replace the sensing switch on the washer, very common problem, click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Temperature switch W10248240 Main Product View

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I new it was the sensor, you did not really answer the question. Is there a way to clean it, if not how do I change it. Please give instructions.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No way to clean to clean it or repair it, just replace it. SOrry they don't make these to be repaired..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gee while we were talking I found this:

My three year old Whirlpool model WTW57ESVW1 when started would immediately agitate without water and leave clothing wet when finished. Model number is XXXXX the lid on the lip of the housing. You have to bend over to see it. Found solution on line. The water sensor is the culprit. Part number is XXXXX It is an easy repair you can do yourself in less than an hour. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet to avoid shock hazard. Remove two small screws from the top rear corners of the machine. The control panel is held to the main cabinet by two spring clips. While holding the control panel pry the spring clips loose to separate it from the cabinet. The spring clips may pop out..no problem they go back in easily by hand. If only one pops out pay attention to the other for reference. The water level/temp controller has two electrical connectors and a clear tube attached to it. The larger connector has a locking tab you need to bend back a bit so you can pull it off. (It is similar to an automotive electrical connector.) The smaller connector has no tab, but mine was stubborn and I needed pliers to wiggle it a bit to get it off. DO NOT PULL WIRES TO GET CONNECTORS OFF. Clear hose simply twist and pull to disconnect. Turn the dial fully counter clockwise and then pull the dial off the shaft. The sensor does not require tools to remove from the panel. Simply rotate it 90 degrees and it will come off. I cleaned the male contacts with my wife's Emory nail file, blew into the tube to remove any moisture and reassembled everything. Worked like a charm, I read about other who did the same thing so II don't get credit. If you replace the sensor instead it will cost approx $80-90 bucks, be sure to blow into tube to remove any possible moisture or the new sensor will be confused by false water level symptoms too.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Rarely will it be a clogged line, see how long it lasts.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

well it is now closing in on a year and it is still going strong with just blowing out the air tube.