Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Kenmore Appliance Dryer - I have a Kenmore Dryer that needs

Kenmore Appliance Dryer - I have a Kenmore Dryer that needs a new felt sealer and I am unclear after looking online what to buy because there are these kind of "universal felt dryer parts" that look fine enough maybe a 1/2 wide by 4 feet long but there is another kind. It is the felt with 3 pieces of white plastic on it, I believe you use the plastic and the glue to attach but it looks a whole lot shorter, maybe 2 feet. I saw a white piece of plastic like that in my dryer sticking out when I was looking at where the drum meets the housing, so I am thinking I need that but it's just weird. It feels like if I wanted to replace all the felt (while I have it open) that I would need like 3 of those pieces, which gets expensive. Any recommendations. Your help here is appreciated. Thanks, Andy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley fact click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an excellent track record of using JA and not only giving great ratings for your work but also frequently a tip so I appreciate your help on this issue.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That I know, however what is the model number of the dryer, since itis a Kenmore it will begin with 110.xxxxxxxxxxx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. I have looked all over the dryer but cannot find the information that you are requesting but I did take a picture and send it over, if that helps.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Find Your Dryer Model Number

A picture can help also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't realize how helpful your picture would be :-)...

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

Hope that helps.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Here is a complete rebuild kit for your dryer, comes with everything, click on the blue link below to order it for your unit..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Maintenance Kit(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View

Here is a video on doing the repair also

Click here

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, what you have provided is helpful. Here's my question. Have you replaced these felt sealers before? I have never replaced a felt sealer. I looked at some other kits on line and this kit has a lot more stuff and is more expensive. This kit seems to have like a pulley and some other parts beyond the normal felt sealer. Do you think I need all that? What would I use those pieces for? Thanks, Andy

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Just put one on my dryer less than a week ago. IF you only want to replace the felt I will give that to you..

Lower seal $24.00

upper seal/guide $25.00
Drum Slide, Glide, or Pad(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
so it is cheaper to purchase the kit..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok...I'm starting to get the picture...you need the upper sealer with the plastic pieces and the overall felt seal. The first kind've acts as a guide and the second actually goes around the whole drum?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No the longer felt goes around the bottom. I don't know why they don't make it as a kit in itself, but 2 separate parts, and you cannot install the bottom one without the glue from the top one, you always need both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Got it thanks for your help.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I keep getting a pop up saying question still active. Hopefully this questioned can be closed out. Thanks, Andy

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that I will close it for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

keeps popping up that this is not closed and that I need to respond. Any help still appreciated. Thanks.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
THey are having problem with the site, I will close it manually
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok