Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Frigidaire gas stove, model F64S35BWA. Its been

We have a Frigidaire gas stove, model F64S35BWA. It's been a very reliable appliance, with no problems for around 15 years. Until today. It sounds like there is a small fan running in back of the control panel, behind the timer knobs.
I have tried to find the noisy little thing, but no luck.
Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are no fans inside this oven. The 2 things that can make a noise are either the timer control itself, or the lock motor down on the back of the oven toward the top of the cavity. Listen closely to where the noise is coming from. If it's coming from the latch assembly, the door latch will need to be ordered and replaced. If the noise is coming from the timer, the timer is no longer made, but you could send it into a place like Appliancetimers.com to have it refurbished if you wanted to spend $150 or so to have it repaired.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has to be the timer. How can I disable the annoying thing?! I'm ready to buy a kitchen timer from Wal Mart

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Without being there I wouldn't be able to see if that is possible. The unit is quite old and doesn't have digital wiring diagrams---but most of the time the heating wires run through the timer due to the self clean feature so most of the time you can't just disconnect the wires going to the timer and have the oven still function properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, since the timer cannot be replaced or disabled, what will happen if I just un-plug teh stove?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you unplug the stove you won't be able to use the oven and the cooktop burners would have to be lighted manually with a grill lighter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The suggestion would be to send the timer in so that it can be refurbished. You can try to unplug the black and red wires coming into the back of the timer and taping them off with electrical tape, but I really can't guarantee that will stop the noise from the timer and allow the oven to continue working.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.