Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
To test the system please do the following and let me know what the results are.
The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Service
Test Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .
2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad .
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. The Freezer display will display SE confirming entry in the Service Mode.
5. Press the Refrigerator Up Keypad again to confirm entry in the Service Mode.
6. Display will show 101 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.
7. Press Freezer Up Keypad and Freezer Down Keypad to toggle through
Service Test numbers.
8. To exit service test mode, open and close refrigerator door or hold door alarm for 3 seconds.
Use the +/- keys to scroll to test 163.
Service Test - 163 Water Dispenser
NOTE: By pushing Actuator pad or Front Fill you can control state of Water Dispenser Valve.
Service Test - 164 External Ice Chute Door
NOTE: By pushing Actuator pad you can control state of External Ice Chute Door.
Service Test - 165 Dispenser Lamp
NOTE: By pushing Actuator pad or Front Fill you can control state of dispenser lamp.
Service Test - 167 Cavity Heater Test (On some models)
NOTE: Pushing refrigerator + / - keypads toggles the cavity heaters state to On or OFF
Service Test - 168 Cube Dispenser and Internal Ice Chute Door Operation
NOTE: By pushing actuator pad you can control state of the Ice auger motor and the internal ice chute
Service Test - 171 Actuator Pad
I tried to get the refrigerator into service mode, but all that displays after doing the steps above is "F_C 0F"
The right display shows zero degrees F.
Ok there qare two procedures listred for this model. Please try this one.
The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Service Test Mode by performing the following sequence
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad.
2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature UP / + Keypad.
5. Press the Refrigerator Temperature UP /+ Keypad again to confirm entry in the Service Mode.
7. Press Freezer Refrigerator Temperature UP / + Keypad and Freezer DOWN /- Keypad to toggle through Service Test numbers.
I still can't get into service mode. It appears the refrigerator temperature up key is not working either. When I push it by itself all the other lights light up but the temperature up does nothing. Sounds like the keypad is dieing?
Please click here to order the new control board.
Toi access the board remopve the drip tray and then take out the two screws at the bottom of the dispenser. Pull out on the bottom and the dispenser will come out. Remove the wires going to the board and replace it with the new one.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns.If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
I just replaced the circuit board and that did not fix the problem....any other ideas?
I see you have relisted your question I will assist you .
My name is XXXXX .
If you have replaced the dispenser display control and still have no chilled water being dispensed when you call for chilled water ,
then it has to be an issue in the main / high voltage control .
That is what powers the chilled water solenoid to let water flow out the dispenser .
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR Warranty!
CLICK HERE for part info it is mounted in the lower rear of the unit
Is this something that I could install? If so, how would I go about that?
yes easy to install .
Just basic hand tools needed .
And if you pull the unit out away from the wall remove the bottom panel and the control is mounted in the left rear corner looking at the unit from the rear .