Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore 52552100 freezer door was left open for 3-4 hours by

Kenmore 52552100 freezer door was left open for 3-4 hours by my kids. Now it's not cooling. Both fans inside are working. No ice inside unit took off panel. The compressor and fan are not running. Checked starter relay on side of compressor, gave it a shake No noise.(was told that if makes noise that it is bad) help
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the compressor room temperature, blazing hot, or warm when you touch it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Room temp
OK perfect. So it sounds like with the door left open it cause the compressor to struggle which overloaded the control board. The fans are running inside so you know that it's not in defrost and the thermostat is working. Unfortunately nothing cuts out the condenser fan motor (next to the compressor) and the compressor from running except the control board inside the refrigerator. Try to just unplug the unit for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if that will reset the control board. If that doesn't work, then below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
The control panel is located inside the refrigerator up at the ceiling. It's behind the plastic cover panel where you see the LED read out and adjust the temperatures of the refrigerator/freezer.