Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Frigidare dishwasher wont start. If I enter "normal wash"

My Frigidare dishwasher won't start. If I enter "normal wash" the "normal wash" and "heat Dry" lights are lit for 5 seconds then go ouit and nothing happens. If I enter "light wash" the "light wash", "heat dry", and "washing" lights start blinking and nothing ever starts.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?

And can you tell me what you mean when you said you tried to "turn power on and off"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I unplugged the unit from the wall, waited 5 seconds, and plugged it back in.

OK perfect, and do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So if you've already tried to reset the board by unplugging the unit and plugging it back in, there isn't much else that will fix this issue than ordering and replacing the main control board because it's either confused or shorted, but it won't reset itself from unplugging the dishwasher so the control board will need to be replaced regardless. The part is fairly easy to replace if you're handy. Just unplug the unit and open the door. Remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner and the door will split apart so that you can remove the control board inside the door and replace the board. The board itself is all plug and play so it should take less than 30 minutes to replace. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.