Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

have a kitchenaid built in microwave/oven with single control

have a kitchenaid built in microwave/oven with single control panel on top, model kems307gwh0. had a power outage and now the display is blank and none of the buttona work.its getting power becuase microwave interior light with light when door is opened. how can i verify if its the display or transformer?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is no separate transformer for the display. The transformer inside this microwave is only for the low voltage lights inside the oven. That being said, you need to test and make sure you have 240 volts coming to the oven at the terminal block where the power cord connects because if the oven is getting 120 volts, it will still allow the microwave lights to turn on, but nothing else will turn on.

If you're sure you have 240 volts to the oven at the terminal block between black and red (the two outside terminals), then your control board is shorted. The part number you need is 8302985 but the control board is no longer made so you'd need to remove it and send it to a place like Appliancetimers.com to have the part refurbished. The cost to refurbish the control board is usually about $150-200.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

getting 240v to connection terminals at back of oven. what wires are power to display? hate to spend $200+ on new board.

Terminal P10-4 is the power line to the display board and P15-5 is the neutral. So between P10-4 and P15-5 you should have 120 volts. If so, then you have a bad control board for certain.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

found this board on ebay for $150 so i bought it. hope thats all i need.

awesome, that's a great deal if the board is working because the board used to sell for over $300 when it was being made. Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.