John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Seards diswasher holds an inch or more of water in the bottom

My Seards diswasher holds an inch or more of water in the bottom after completing ithe wash rinse dry cycle. Is this normal? The reason I ask, is that items such as cups, glasses in the top rack contain crumb like residue inside of them when the dishwasher is finished.. Why??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
i I,m John I will help you with the d/w not draining all the water out .
Some models have a check valve that can get partially clogged up.
send me the model number I will check if your model has this check valve .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I also have a serial number if needed.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The number five is the check valve, if food gets caught in that valve it wont allow the d/w to completely drain out all the water .also check the water pump number 17.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see the parts # XXXXX and #17 on the diagram, but now where these parts are found in the dishwasher. The diagram does not indicate where.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The pump is located at the the rear of the main motor, its best to pull the unit out to check the water pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I, a non-technetian (SP?), " pull out the "nit"? What is the unit, actually?

How about #5, where is that?

Will unclogging # XXXXX of food particles, correct the problem of reside crumbs being left in the glasses and cups? Or might that be a separate problem?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You can pull out the unit which is the d/w,turn off the water supply disconnect the hot water line at the water valve in the d/w you will find the water valve behind the bottom front panel.cut the power to the d/w and disconnect the 120 volt line to the d/w also disconnect the drain hose from under the sink.
open the door and remove the two screws from under the counter , now pull the unit out and lay it on its back, you will see the water pump to the back of the main wash motor, remove the water pump and clean it out.
Cleaning out the pump should clear the food particles .
if you require more assistance let me know please .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe that is beyond my comfort level - to ppull out the nit as you described.

However, I probably can check # XXXXX the valve. Again, where will I find it please?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The check valve is located in the water pump,you can remove the water in the tub with a dry vac then remove the pump while its still connected to the d/w , one screw holds the pump on the motor housing then remove the drain hose.
Clean out the pump and reinstall the pump to the motor housing .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, anyway.

Next time, I'll pjhone for a repair man to come,

but thanks for trying.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
if you can remove the water pump yowill fix the problem .
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.