Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Replacing right front dual burner on GE JBP oven - can get

Customer Question

Replacing right front dual burner on GE JBP oven - can get cooktop up, but unsure re removing heating element.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a full model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Aside from that, is the heating element attached to the bottom of the cooktop that you are hinging up? Or is it sitting on top of the oven insulation above the oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help. The model # XXXXX XXXXX BOK4BB.

The heating element is attached to the bottom of the cooktop.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so replacing this element should be quite easy. The element should only be held in place by a few spring retainer clips. Look at make sure you know WHICH NUMBER on the bottom of the element that the spring retainer clip is attached to. On the new element you need to make sure these clips go into the same number holes or else the element will not mount centered inside the circle on the top of the cooktop. Other than that, take a picture of the wires going to the element. When you remove the element, move the wires over one at a timeif you can or revert back to the picture you took to understand where each wire belongs.

Below is a link to the element if you happen to need it still.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - had a little distraction in the middle of this but want to folo these directions and remove it. Doing that now.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds great, good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FYI - the part arrived in the mail a few minutes ago, and I installed it rather quickly and it's working. Pretty cool overall. Thanks again. I will use this service again and will definitely recommend to others. Your including the picture of the part was a huge help to me so I could see what I was working with.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, I'm glad you got it all working again and thank you for the update.