Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

THE 1-6 BUTTONS DO NOT FUNCTION. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

THE 1-6 BUTTONS DO NOT FUNCTION. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? MODEL JVM1630BB MADE IN MAY 2002.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If most of the buttons still work but only the 1-6 buttons do not, this means that your touch control panel has started to fail. The touchpad is no longer available but I have found a place that still has one in stock and it will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. If you are handy, this is definitely something you can replace yourself. The touchpad is nothing more than a sticker with a ribbon cable connected to the control board behind the control panel.

First, start by unplugging the microwave. There should be 2 or 3 screws coming in from the top of the vent over the door. Remove these screws and pull the vent panel off. That will expose a screw over top of the control panel. Remove this screws and the control panel will pull off so that you can replace the touchpad. Use a knife and pry under the touchpad sticker edge to remove the touchpad. Then unplug the ribbon cable from the control board behind the control panel. Now just install the new sticker touchpad and you should be good to go again. The only good new here is that the touchpad is relatively inexpensive.

Below is a link to the touchpad you'll want to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.