Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

MVWC5ESXW0, fills but wont agitate. Lid sensor verified as

MVWC5ESXW0, fills but won't agitate. Lid sensor verified as working.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley fact click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

If you put it on spin cycle does it drain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it will drain.

You have a broken motor comupling, you can click on the blue link below to order it..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Motor Coupling 285753A Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't hear the motor making any noise after the fill cycle. It's this to prevent the motor from running with a broken coupler?

You said that it drains when you put it on spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct. It will drain if put on that cycle. Once it fills, it goes dead like is unplugged. No noise, no timer advance. It will occasionally call for water for a second and then shut off again.

Does it spin when you put it on spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it spins and drains.

But no noise in agitate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct. No noise except for the half second burst of water into the machine every minute or so.

I am glad you wrote back, your problem is the temperature switch on the unit, this is a common problem for your unit, you can click on the link below to order the correct part to repair it...

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Temperature switch W10248240 Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How does the temperature switch hold up the washing process?

I now it sounds stupid, however the temp switch has the micro computer that controls the wash, that is where they installed it..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good news, the temp switch worked for 1.5 cycles. I found it had stopped before the spin cycle, so I advanced it to spin and it drain and finished. Now, with a new load in it, when I pull the knob out to start the washer, it doesn't call for water. It's just dead. However, if I turn the knob to spin, the unit will spin and attempt to drain.

I am here now...