John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Customer Question

we have several true refrigerators and freezer. 3 of these are at least 20 years old.
How do you change the wheels on a t-23 one door refrigerator when you can't access the bolts on the frame
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, are you talking about the unit rollers/casters that you move the unit around with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. There is one center bolt that goes into the frame. The frame is hollow but sealed. Some engerineering

Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.
Okay, that nut is welded to the frame and does not move but it is where the caster screws in to the frame. Now you will need a 3/4" open end wrench. Look directly above the wheel at the bottom of the housing that holds the wheel. There you should see a nut. This is the nut that tightens the caster to the frame after you screw the caster to the correct height. Loosen that nut and then you can unscrew the caster. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

These wheels have a collar at the top of the wheel (right up against the

frame). I cannot see how they attached these wheels. No 3/4 nut can be seen. ?????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy

I didn't hear from you regarding this issue. Like I said there is not 3/4 inch bolt to loosen, just a collar that cover the top of the caster. Cannot figure how this when is secured.