Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i moved the fridge now ice maker wont start again making i

i moved the fridge now ice maker wont start again making ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

g16fdrxxy07

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so this is a french door model with an icemaker in the upper left corner of the refrigerator---unfortunatley this is a really hard icemaker to work on. Now I really don't think that moving your refrigerator would normally cause a problem unless you shut off the water or disconnected the water line in some way. That being said, ths you did shut off the washer or disconnect the water line, chances are the fill tube above the icemaker has frozen. You can thaw this out by removing the icemaker and thawing out the fill tube with a hair dryer, or unplugging the unit for 24 hours and leaving the doors open for everything to thaw out. If you wanted to try and take the icemaker out I can explain that to you.

Removing the icemaker is quite difficult on this unit. You must first open the left side refrigerator door and pull the ice bucket out. There is a white plastic trim piece along the bottom left edge of the ice cavity. Locate the hole in this trim about half way down the trim and stick a small flat head screwdriver through this hole and pry up on the tab behind this trim to release the trim. The trim will then pull forward and out. Now you can disconnect the wire harness behind this trim. Lift the tab away from the left side panel that is right next to the icemaker and begin pulling on the icemaker. The entire icemaker and back panel assembly will pull straight forward and out of the ice maker cavity. From there it's straight forward and you just remove the screws attaching the icemaker to the entire assembly---but getting the assembly out is the difficult aspect.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.