Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi I have a Fisher Paykel top load washer Model# XXXXX Ser#

I have a Fisher Paykel top load washer Model# XXXXX Ser# XXXXX Every time you press on the start button the washer will come on for few seconds and then shut off. would the motor controller be bad ?

Thank you
Dave V
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is there water in the tub? Does it fill up before it shuts off? Will it start a cycle before it shuts off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a little water in the tub, as soon as you press the start button it shuts off.

OK tip the washer backwards and locate the part in the front left corner with 2 wires going to it. It will have a fan blade on the bottom. If you disconnect these wires and then start the cycle---does it still shut off as soon as you try to start the unit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I can't ans that question right now I at home and the washer is at the Humane society.

ok so you'll want to disconnect these wires and do that test. There are two things that can cause your issue. Either the control board is bad, or something is overloading the control board when it tries to turn on forcing it to shut down. The pump is by far the most common part that will overload the control board so you'll want to disconnect the wires and see if the issues continues. If not, then you need to replace the pump. If the issue still happens, then you'd want to replace the control board in the back right corner under the control panel.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So do I rate you now or after or after I check out the things you mention in the ans. Can I check out what you mention tomarrow if yes, how do I get back in touch with you.

generally you rate now based on service provided, but that doesn't close out the question. This question is left open to allow you to ask follow-up questions as long as you need. As far as how to get back in touch with me, just bookmark the page or save it in your favorites and youc an come back to this question and ask follow-up questions later if needed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Williams County Humane Society is thinking of getting a new Heavy duty washer.

Thank You Dave V

Awesome, I hope that all works out for you.