Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

have a maytag cenennial mvwc200xw0 model replace lid lock switch

Customer Question

have a maytag cenennial mvwc200xw0 model replace lid lock switch and main control board, did calibration and automatic test mode went thru fine .
the washer takes a long time in sense(fill) mode , then after fills the lid lock switch unlocks does same thing after rinse , i do not think this is right? i think before the lis lock stayed lock through out wash . any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley fact click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

What was the part number of the board you replaced?

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

w10393483

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the complete Tech sheet for diagnostics? It should be about 48 pages long?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes did calibration test and auto wenr thru fine

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
What I need is the error codes that me be logged in the computer..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i get them ,have a wash in now

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
We will need to wait until the wash is done, then run the service mode and retrieve any error codes stored in the computer, why did you replace the lock and the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lid switch was broken had repair guy out diagnostic main control board was no good mention was repair was $ 500.00 said no and paid him for service call .

mentioned to a friend , found parts for me for under $200

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
So you don't even know what error codes were logged on the old board, just that the tech said it was bad and needed replacement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes , the lid switch was broken the wash is done , have to press start butten to go next cycle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes wash is done how do we get error codes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Since you did not say you have the complete tech sheet, here it is, click on the blue link below to download it to your computer.

Click_here

Let me know when you get it...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have the book open the link thanks

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Go to page one, and get it into the diagnostic test mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay want me to activate diagostic mode and go to fault mode

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
on page 3, retrieve any diagnsoict error codes it may have logged..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sense on (fill) then rinse ,spin,done

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
are all of them lit at the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes for second then last three rinse ,spin ,done

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Turn the controls unitl only the done light is lit. then hold down the start button until it flashes, usually about 5 seconds..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

think fault mode timed out do you want me to start test all over

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes, then when you get to the diagnosics for error codes and press start, Press start again for about 5 seconds, we want to clear the error codes out then do another calibration routine, then run a load and see how it does... As for the door lock unlocking, this is normal on the new board...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doing calibration right , did all the steps you said

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Great run a load then..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay still doing cal test what is your guess on problem

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
SOme of these problems stem from not clearing out the old error codes, sometimes even a new board has error codes logged in it, These are undocumented problems with this machine, found it out the hard way,,,, SO we need to elimante it from the problem you are having...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

strating wash , put clothes in ,pressed startlid lockrd ,then lid light of ,locked again , sense light on and lid lock blinking and no water filling machine

howlong does it take to fill and start washing?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
give a couple of minutes while it figures how much clothes you have in it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this machine is only 18 months, stopped blinking and lid locked light off sense light on , no fill probably can open lid , same as before

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Press cancel and turn off machine, unplug from wall for a minute, then replug in and restart the cycle...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lid lock on then off then on machine growled then lid blinking( on regular wash ) stopped blinking if i pressed start butten may go to cycle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now machine is filling after 5 min and no lid lock light on

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, keep watching...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay are you supposed be able to open lid now , because wife always complain to more clothes in needed to hit pause , the orginal problem with old computer board will not spin properly still wet,

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
IF it did not spin properly before then you had most likely had a bad shift actuator on the unit, You should not be open to open the lid once you start it and it is running...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wash is on water is filled but no agite, how long does it take ,should i send parts back buy new machine and what brand do you recommend, wasted too much time on this should hit start it will go , no lid light on

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Cancel the wash and run diagnostic again, and pull the error codes again..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay should do it with the water in it , you have been great help

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It does not matter to get teh diagnostic codes..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same as before , turn cycle knob again just sensing blinking did you get last comment

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
So when you tried to get the error code, only the sensing light is flashing,, none of the other lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

first was sense then r,s,done, i also turn the knob agian just sense blinking

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Sense lights, no othe rlights, sense goes out then rinse, spin, and done lights? Correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no , just did test again all lights blinking except lid locked

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

has two default codes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Let's start over, re-enter diagnostic mode and run the automatic test on page 4 of the manul.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are we ready to take sledge hammer to washer ju st joking the machine is emptying the water now on last failed wash cycle and growling okay will

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doing test auto test mode now

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
John,
This was the worse designed machine in this decade, nothing but problems. I only recommend Front loading direct drive Lg or Samsung washers, ALso use a 20lb sledge if you are going to hit it...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It did test goes thru all cycles done whats next

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
try running a cycle while it is empty now?
I have to go out for about an hour, I will be back..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay will do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, the lid lock is not on on this entirewash, cycle just now on spin. Also during wash did not agite just sat there soaking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you back yet or your done i am tempted to put old computer board back in

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Just got back, yes try the old computer board again and see what happens, you will need to recalibrate again..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did that, but the lid lock switch stayed on , then when i stopped the cycle. lights all out , hit start no lights or lid lick light would run or agitate on its own , had pull power cord , put the new board back in took over 2 hours , still put in drain and spin cycle to finish, called to return parts to sears direct wanted me to wait for another computer board said no thanks buying a new one thanks for help machine wore me out

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I understand..