Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Jenn-Air DW860 door is very heavy & drops when I open it.

My Jenn-Air DW860 door is very heavy & drops when I open it. How do I find the spring or something? And if it's broken, how replace? Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are actually two springs (one for each side), but in addition to that, there is a plastic link that goes between the spring and the door hinge. To access these parts, you'll need to open the dishwasher door, remove the screws going into the brackets above the tub that mount the dishwasher, and pull the dishwasher out about 12 inches so that you can see the right and left side of the dishwasher. The springs themselves rarely break, but below is a link to both the springs and the plastic link between the spring and the hinge. Most likely the plastic link on one of the sides has broken and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for spring

CLICK HERE for plastic link

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What you said sounds very good. It's Fri. I'm off to work. Will print this so my guys can follow your directions. Then I may need to order part. So may not resolve until early next wk. Is that OK?

That's fine as long as you don't forget to come back an let me know how it went or rate me. I'll schedule a follow-up for Tuesday in case you haven't gotten back to me by then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great! I'm glad you'll contact me Tue because I will shrink this pg to bottom of my screen, which will leave it open for 4 days. If it disconnects, I don't know how I would re-contact you.

You should be able to save this page in yoru bookmarks or favorites to come back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was the plastic piece! You were right & thanks for the link to order it. Am rating you now :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BTW, I didn't need to pin the site to Favorites, Every time you wrote back to me, the answer also came as an Email :)

Awesome, I'm glad you got it all working again. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You sure work alot!

I do. My wife tells me the same thing.