Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Neptune TL washer. When it reaches the spin cycle

I have a Neptune TL washer. When it reaches the spin cycle it spins for a few seconds then stops. You then hear what sounds like water flowing back into the machine. It will do this several times before it gives up and the time display stops at that point. Pressing the pause button will not unlock door. You have to hit the off button and wait severla minutes before the dorr unlocks. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Neptune TL was the only model number I could find. It was purchased in Nov. 2004 if that helps

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
look inside the door for a tag with the model number on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does Neptune TL model # XXXXX sound right?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes. give me a few minutes to pull up the tech sheets.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
has this displayed any fault codes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't seen any. In normal wash the timer display starts at 59 and stops at 31. In quick wash it starts at 28 and stops at 22, and in spin only it starts at 12 and never changes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK i've opened the tech sheet.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
alright bare with me , I need you to put this in diagnostic mode. can you go to page 14 and start a diagnostic mode ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't do that until I get home this evening.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay just come back on then. I believe you have a bad pressure switch but we need to verify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. I'll be back later.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. i put the washer in quick wash and then service mode. The display went from 00 to 56 four times during the wash cycle. When it tried to empty it flashed 67 then 35 then back to 00. It then tried to spin for a few seconds and the display went up to 48 and back to 00 then flashed 70 and 34. I hope this helps.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay try checking the drain , is this draining when you put it in drain/spin ? can you tell if the water is going out ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is not draining. It spins for a few seconds then quits. I hear what sounds like water running back into the machine. The drain hose is not kinked.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'm sorry I've been having computer difficulty. okay you need to check the drain pump and drain hoses for any clogs, it sounds like this has an obstruction in the drain somewhere, this would cause the machine not to spin, the machine has to be completely empty to spin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know if you work Sunday, but how do you get to the pump? Do you go through the front? If so how do you get the front off? The top just lifted off, I can feel some screws, but can't get to the heads.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
you will need to remove the front panel. there are two clips. one on each side about 2 inches in from the sides, number 14 on this diagram. press them in with a putty knife and lift the top from the front and hinge it back. then you will see the screws to remove the front panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the front off. Any way to get to it from the side?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately no. this is one that is hard to reach for sure. sometimes theres a back panel you can remove but other than that sorry you just have to reach in to get it. be careful of sharp edges they can cut you easy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doesn't seem to be any obstruction. Any way to test the pump or should I just take it out and replace it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

well you can try hooking 120 volts up to the pump and see if it pumps. (if theres any water in the machine that is. did any come out when you took the hoses off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes quite a bit. I had gotten all I could out of the drum.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I would replace the pump. if there was quite a bit the pump cant be running and draining correctly. that should fix your issue. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.