Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Our Bosch Maxx WFL 2062 machine does not function properly

Our Bosch Maxx WFL 2062 machine does not function properly on program 3. The drum rotates only 1/4 turn every 3 minutes or so and on the end of the program the machine does not spin. All other programs function normally.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Hello from Malaga here ! A small world !

This is a very odd problem.
It sounds like a problem with the main control/PCB, if all other programs work correctly.
Can you tell me the full model number from the data plate in the door recess and the age of the machine please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob, Indeed a small world.
The name plate reads: WFL 2062/13, FD 8307 00422, WFL 2062 EE.
I did not wait for any reply and all other possiblities appeared correct I removed the PCB.
Bingo, in one corner a few small resistors or condensors are covered with some black soot, there is obviously a problem there.
The question is now: from where can I buy a new one and will it be worth it for a 10 year old machine?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Helmut

Hi Helmut
Or should i be saying in my schoolboy German, Guten tag ?

Well done for finding the culprit.
The bad news is that the part is available to order but very expensive !
€195

Clearly on a ten year old machine, the best advice I can give is to put that money toward a new machine.
If you need more help, please ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your advice, we will now be looking for a new machine.

I just wanted to tell you that I am from Holland, not from Germany in spite of my German first name.

What is to your opinion the best machine to buy in the price range from 450 to 600 Euro?

I cannot do the rating just now because I have replied to you, I will do it as soon as I have your reaction.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Helmut

Hi Helmut

Apologies for my wrong guess!

My Dutch is absolutely non existent, sorry.

Here in Spain, I would buy another Bosch, this is also sold as Balay here, Zanussi, or Electrolux.
Certainly avoid the makes you have never heard of in Holland!

Hope this helps

all the best

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob,

After cleaning the PCB I found no visible problems on the resistors The black deposit appeared to be carbon that came out of the main programm switch. Since all other programms work normal I would like to find out what programm 3 exactly is supposed to do with respect of rotation cycles of the drum.
Do you know something about this?

Regards,

Helmut

Hi Helmut

I am unable to locate a sequence chart for this model, apologies

Rob