Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

i have a whirlpool 465 super capacity gas range, how do i properly

i have a whirlpool 465 super capacity gas range, how do i properly lift the stove top to replace the burner igniter

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first. On your model you have to take the burner grates off and the burner lids. There are screws in each of the 4 aluminum manifolds. You need to remove all of those and the top will lift off. That is the only way to get it off. Sometimes the screws get seized up so you may have to drill some of them out to get it off.

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thanks!

If you do not need anything else all I ask is that you rate my assistance. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

after taking grates ,lids ,manifold off and prying with screwdriver there is resistance to top lifting, am i doing something wrong?

OK did you remove all the screws on the aluminum manifolds. There are 6 of them. If you got all of them off. There are 2 side clips towards the front. Usually these do not give issue, but you need a putty knife to slide in the front side to get them unclip. Also remove the two end knobs. Check inisde there to see if there is a single screw inside holding the clip in place. Some of the models used a screw that held in that clip, but that is all that would be holding it.