Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

RA-RP

Customer Question

my maytag dishwasher model mdb7100aww has all 11 controls lit up and blinking but I cannot start the dishwasher. the door control feels loose. has the electronic board gone completely or is it simply the door ´
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

First you should remove the screws on the inner panel to get the console apart. Check the microswitch on the door latch to see if it is clicking and working. You can verify it with a meter for continuity. If it is good you need a new control That control comes complete. Depending on your serial number it may or may not be available. For serial number starting with #10 it is NLA. Otherwise it is available. It runs about $170. That control was very common for that issue.