The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Customer Question

I have a Bosch HBL5045AUC oven. I started having error code F01. Called Bosch and was told my temperature sensor was bad. I changed it but still not the problem. Later I was told the control board that the temp. sensor connected to might be the problem. Bought one and replaced it, I immediately have error code F11. Replace the board with another one, still F11 code. What else is the problem? Is there another board that casued the problem? BTW, I can reset the F01 code by turning the power off, but F01 comes back at about 8am everyday for a few hours and then goes away after a few hours like the oven is normal. It repeats that for days.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The f11 error has nothing to do with the hinges. It translates as follows.
The board must be configured prior to installation. One minuet for that procedure.

Thank you.

Please click here for the tech sheet for this model. Go through the configuration procedure and that will get you going again.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does it mean cut the resistor? where the the numbers labelled on the board?

If you have a double oven locate resistor number R52 on th econtrol board and cut one leg of it to disable that resistor. That tells the control board which size unit you have.

If it is a single oven cut one leg of the R49 resistor, and the R51 resistor if it has a thermal cavity.

They are located just to the left of the buzzer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My oven is a single oven. My board does not match the diagram you sent me and there are not any number or letter labeled like the diagram.

That is the tech sheet for model number HBL5045AUC.

Please confirm the model number.

What is the part number that you have?

NOTE: If you are getting aftermarket rather than OEM parts they may be significantly different and missing the required numbers.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is the correct model number. The replacement board(part number 497224 ) is OEM and looks identical to the one I removed from the oven. The original board does not have any number matching the diagram and I cannot find any cut resistor on the original board..

Okl let me double check the tech site.

Ok go ahead and try the rest of the configuration procedure and forget about the resistors for now.

That may be for another type of unit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the configuration and was able to go to step 9. I got stuck at step 10 and not getting the temperature reading.

are you still there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Home Smithy stopped our conversation.