Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hiya! Ive got a real dilemma here: damaged a fridge (Samsung

Hiya! I've got a real dilemma here: damaged a fridge (Samsung RFG237AARS/XAA - counter depth, 35.9 wide, stainless, french) moving it into a very old, very poorly designed and constructed house. Damage: L side scratches I can handle but LOTS OF bad dents on LEFT DOOR CORNER (not freezer). I'm redoing the kitchen, and this really nice (and dang expensive) fridge should be a draw instead of a turn-off when I sell it after the remod. It's ugly, but all functionality is there. Now my Q after being so long winded: what's the best way to resolve this cosmetic problem? So far I see: custom fabricaticon of a new "skin" or just replace the door. Wondering:

Can I even buy a whole new door? Where? Only Samsung, if anywhere?
Should I get one of those custom overlays?
Do they make something like "corner trim" that would solve it on the cheap?
Blow $2500+ bucks on a new fridge, which is last-ditch... I mean *really*...

$1000 or less would be great; I could go a little higher, fantastic fridge bells and whistles...

Give up & live with it?

Thanks for *any* ideas or thoughts, really appreciate input.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Are you looking for a new left door for the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That would be the easiest solution, I just don't have any knowledge about this can be done, and the cost.

Best would just be a replacement L door stainless cover: all the controls and the water/ice dispenser work fine. Everything works perfectly, just ugly cosmetic damage.

Take time with response, gotta go run to feed cats for a few minutes, lol.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
a new door is about $200 I don't think you can find anybody to repair ot make new covers for this door, however I found one in stock for the left side, you can click on the blue link below to order it, Not really hard to replace...

Click her for door

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Had to reply before rating: finding a source for a replacement door is fantastic: I had no clue where to look. And around $200? Surprisingly great price! And great help, so on to the ratings, thanks mucho!

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Just click on the top 3 smiley on this page to rate me...

You are welcome
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech