Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Have a Whirlpool RBD245 PDB12 oven. Has been working great.

Have a Whirlpool RBD245 PDB12 oven. Has been working great. Suddenly display has gone off and no longer works. Internal light goes on/off when door opened and pressing light switch. Power appears to be OK. Breaker not blown. Buttons go beep as expected, except there is no display and on pressing Start the oven gives 5 beeps. Short Long short short short. Normally Hr&Min buttons go beep, but after pressing start they give 3 short beeps.
So what is up? Is there something I can replace to get it working again. If so what?

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley fact click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

This is a control problem, turn off the power to teh unit for 5 minutes and see if the controls will reset themselves.. Let me know what happens..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I turned off at mains, waited 5min and turned on. Oven went beep beep. Display still off. Light still works. I could press Upper oven, then start and the oven started up (element heated and fan on) for about 10 seconds, then shut off again. Now back to how it was earlier: 5beeps sLsss on pressing start.
I wish I had good news, you will need to repair the controls, You cannot even replace them, as they are not able to purchase a new control,, the part number of the control is(NNN) NNN-NNNN you will need to call CCS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor further repair instructions. They normally charge around $120 to repair these controls...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View