Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

whirlpool washer mod #g h w 9 2 5 0 m w 0 . do the shock absorbers

whirlpool washer mod #g h w 9 2 5 0 m w 0 . do the shock absorbers simply twist and pull out from the housing, and can a coating of silicone sealant seal a leak where the gasket is at the bottom of the dispenser
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the shock absorbers are quite difficult to remove, but yes-- they twist and pull out. Generally you can grip them with channel locks and twist the thinner shaft of the shock 90 degrees and then it will pull out of the plastic tub so that you can remove it.

Silicone can seal the plastic dispenser itself although if the rubber gasket is the part that is leaking, you'd need to replace the gasket itself. The reason silicone will work on the plastic is because it doesn't move and there is no water pressure on the dispenser itself. The gasket moves which will cause the silicone to leak if you try to silicone the gasket itself.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

once again, thanks