Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a westinghouse Electric Multifunction Oven Model 777

I have a westinghouse Electric Multifunction Oven Model 777 with cooktop. My oven isn't working properly but am not sure what the problem may be. We live in the country and do not have ready access to a repairer. When I turn on Fan bake, the fan is working but the oven won't heat up and when used on bake, it seems to keep heating up and when it has been on for a while, things get burnt. Can you advise if it is the thermostat and it if is an easily job to repair?
Thanks XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Seems like you have more than one problem here.

When you have the fan oven on, you can hear the fan at the back of the oven, yet there is no heat? Correct?

If so, this may be a faulty heating element

Can you give me all the details from the data plate, normally in the door recess.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rob

the details on the data plate are Model: POM777S*11, S/N 21812369. The fan goes when on Fan Bake but no heat. The oven light indicator comes on.

Lee-Anne

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee-Anne

Thanks
This definately sounds like a failed circular element.
Disconnect from the power
Remove the back panel inside the oven.

You will see the fan and the element.
Remove the retaining screws/bolts.
Carefully pull forward the element and the wiring.
Remove the wiring.
You may see damage to the element.
If you have a meter, check it for continuity, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.

If you need more help, plkease just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Rob,

Will that fix the problem of overheating when on bake? We have removed the panel and have found the element is 'cooked' Have pulled it out and will get another. Thanks for your assistance.

Lee-Anne

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee Anne
well done, glad its sorted for you.

Once that is replaced see what happens with the bake setting.
Come back to me if needs be.

Please dont forget to rate me using the smiley faces otherwise, I dont get credit for spending my time helping you with this problem
All the best
Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.