John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Customer Question

Thermador model?? GCP 486 GD / good serial number - 93020017 I cook for a men's breakfast bible study every Saturday morning and the grill has never worked. I am a mechanical engineer by background and can fix most anything. When the grill is lifted off, you can see the gas flame start and then they quickly go out. I dont want to buy a new thermocouple unit if not needed, but it looks like it may be the cause. Do you have any suggestions? I cook for 10 - 16 guys weekly and the numbers are growing. We expect 40 - 50 this weekend for a father & son/daughter event and the grill would be very useful. I have already figured out how to get to the thermocoupler control box and it looks like it is a complete unit with thermocouple, tubing, and control box all as 1 unit. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!! XXXX XXXXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

I am sorry but the model number you provided does not show as a good number in my data base.

Please check it again.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model is similar to Thermador Pro Harmony Series PRG486GDH 48". I have even taken digital picture of the s/n plate and it is very difficult to read at best. This building/kitchen used to be a hospice care home and was given to our church with no appliance history.

I am sorry but without an accurate model number I am unable to provide you with any diagnostic or parts information.

I will opt out and maybe another expoert can help you.