Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have a LG Refrigerator Model LMX25981ST and has been broken

I have a LG Refrigerator Model LMX25981ST and has been broken for the last two weeks. I contacted LG and was given a number to a Authorized repairmen. He told me my Capacitor was defective and would have another one in a week. After he came back, I was told they don't make it anymore. I wanted to try myself since I couldn't believe that a simple capacitor would cause me to throw away my refrigerator which I have had since 2008. I then contacted LG and was given a part number for the capacitor 0CZZJB2014K and told to call Encompass Supply Chain to get the part for my refrigerator. I contacted Encompass Supply and order my Capacitor for $10.34 plus $12.34 for shipping. I received it in the mail and it doesn't fit. The prongs on the new capacitor are Vertical and the prongs on the old one are Horizontal. Also on the top of the old capacitor it reads EDCP-24A120 on the New one it reads EDCP-24A140. So I would like to know if I was shipped the right capacitor or not.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.
The capacitor for this model is actually part# XXXXX cost is $29 at searspartsdirect.com. Here is a the webpage for your viewing as well..........http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-LMX25981ST/3204/0161000/F1103011/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=LMX25981ST

If this information has assisted you, please give me a great rating for doing so. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already received a capacitor from a company with that part number but the prongs are in the wrong position and will not plug into the other piece. I need to be able to see a picture or maybe they dont make it anymore. I don't want to throw out refrigerator for a $30.00 piece

If you look the last letter of the part# XXXXX XXXXX from the one you installed, from the one I mentioned, that may be the difference in the capacitors.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Capacitor/0CZZJB2014G/1461162

Go to this site to view a picture at different angles of the capacitor which I am saying is the correct capacitor....Please give me a great rating if I was able to assist you....Thanks again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. LG Gave me the wrong part number and it was off by that one letter. The picture did help me confirm it was the right replaecment part.

Please give me a great rating if I was able to assist you...Thanks again.