Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

why does my "tub clean" function not drain and stays on at

why does my "tub clean" function not drain and stays on at 8 min overnight.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you run the cycle through just a drain and spin or a normal wash cycle, it drains normally?

Also, how old is this washer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just purchased it recently (1 month ago) I think the model number is XXXXX

it seems to drain normally during drain and spin.

Also, I get concerned that it doesn't use enough water during the wash cycle, but I read that it's because it's an HE machine.

You are correct, it isn't giong to use much water---that isn't a problem.

As for the washer not completing the clean cycle--that is a problem with the logic inside the board if it's washing normally and seems to drain normally during drain and spin. You can unplug the washer for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset, but if that doesn't work and it's 1 month old, it's probably too old to return the unit and get a different unit so you'll want to call warranty and have them come out and replace the control board.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh man...they just installed's the only model that would fit into my apartment.

Does the "reset" option usually work?

Not usually for this particular problem, but it's still worth try to unplug it and see what happens.